Created 20-Aug-23
121 photos, 1 videos

19 August 2023. Dartford draw 1 (Maxwell Statham 75'):1 (Alfie Pavey 90+4) after a last minute equaliser by Alfie Pavey (Farnborough Town). Not the most memorable of games, there was little in the way of goalmouth action on the pitch in the first half. However, the officials certainly didn’t help matters either, with referee Mr Eugene Robinson intent on blowing his whistle and stopping play at every opportunity, and assistants that…well… let’s just leave it there shall we?…

Perhaps the writing was on the wall when Harvey Bradbury was floored inside the Farnborough box in the 20th minute… Surely a definite penalty for the hosts casually brushed aside by Mr Robinson! Tyrell Miller-Rodney was the next Dart to try his luck from the edge of Boro’s box, only for accuracy to desert the midfielder on both occasions (26 and 36). As for the visitors, they were also finding conditions tough, as former Dartford striker Alfie Pavey set up Reggie Young perfectly, only for the latter to shoot over the top of Mitchell Beeney’s crossbar in the 27th minute. That would prove to be virtually his last kick of the game, as an injury forced him off two minutes later, to be replaced by Adam Payce. The new man would be the next to try his luck following a corner, only for the Dartford defence stand firm and block it. The ball fell into the path of Jack Ball, but his strike flew narrowly wide of Beeney’s upright (39).

Having already seen Luke Coulson and Maxwell Statham booked, Tyrell Miller-Rodney was next to see a yellow card in an utterly bizarre set of circumstances in which the Dartford midfielder was harshly treated (54). He’d be the first of Alan Dowson’s substitutions this afternoon, leaving the field to be replaced by Luke Allen in the 63rd minute. That was followed by Paul Rooney making way for Lewis Manor (69), before Maxwell Statham was forced off with an injury in stoppage time (90+3) and replaced by Baris Altintop. Meanwhile, Farnborough’s two remaining substitutions came in the 76th minute, as Taylor Maloney and Connor Cullen came on for Ricky Holmes and Adam Payce respectively. The visitors came close via Jack Ball, who fired over the crossbar after getting on the end of a great ball by Ollie Robinson (59), before Saied forced a good save out of Mitchell Beeney three minutes later. With fifteen minutes remaining, Dartford finally got the breakthrough after the visitors conceded a relatively harmless corner. Luke Coulson whipped the ball into the danger area and Man of The Match, Maxwell Statham, met it at the far post to net his first goal of the season (75).

The result sees the Darts remain winless in their opening four games of the season and drop into the bottom four of the National League South table. However, it’s early days and Luke Coulson and Co can be encouraged with the fact that they’ve only been beaten once… and that they remain unbeaten at Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park. There’s still an awful lot of football to be played… starting next weekend at newly promoted Aveley.

DARTFORD: Mitchell Beeney, Jordan Wynter, Tommy Block, Tyrell Miller-Rodney, Luke Coulson (c), Paul Rooney, Maxwell Statham, Brandon Barzey, James Golding, Joash Nembhard, Harvey Bradbury.
SUBSTITUTES: Baris Altintop, Luke Allen, Lewis Manor, Tom Wray, Charlie Sheringham.
FARNBOROUGH: Jack Turner, Jack Ball, Jordan Norville-Williams, Ollie Robinson, Joe Partington, Jaden Perez, Alfie Pavey, Reggie Young, Selim Saied, Ricky Holmes, Sid Nelson.
SUBSTITUTES: Adam Payce, Connor Cullen, Dan Gifford, Courtney Fearn, Taylor Maloney.
Att: 920

Categories & Keywords
Subcategory Detail: