Created 6-Nov-16
0 photos

5 November 2016. Bradbrook (5', 17' pen), Ofori-Acheampong (51') . Biamou (1', 23'), Deacon (15', 71'), Stearn (58', 90'+4') Sutton win 3:6 in an exciting match, but no fireworks for Dartford.
A breathless and thrilling Emirates FA Cup tie ended with Sutton celebrating a place in the second round of the competition after scoring six in a game for the first time since February 2013, the first time in any competition other than the Surrey Senior Cup since Paul Doswell took over as manager, and the first time in the FA Cup since a 7-2 defeat of Eastbourne United fifty years ago. From the first minute, when Max Biamou gave U's the lead, to the last, when Ross Stearn curled in a delightful shot to cap the afternoon's entertainment, it was a game that few will forget in a hurry, and it took until the last twenty minutes for Sutton to finally see off a Dartford side who hauled themselves level three times and came very close to managing a fourth equaliser moments before Roarie Deacon, one of the afternoon's outstanding performers, opened up a two goal lead for the first time.
Last time Dartford's goalkeeper (Deren Ibrahim) let in 6 goals was on Monday 10 October 2016, where he conceded the fastest goal in international competitive history in 8.1 seconds against Christian Benteke (Belgium). He conceded a further 5 (C Benteke (43', 56'), A Witsel (19'), D Mertens (51'), E Hazard (79')) in Gibraltar's 6-0 loss against Belgium, played in the Algarve.
Elliot Bradbrook and Duane Ofori-Acheampong dragged the hosts level three times, but goals from Deacon, Craig Eastmond, Maxime Biamou and Stearn clinched Sutton's first away win since August and puts them into the second round for the first time in five years. With less than a minute played Biamou crossed low to Eastmond, whose shot trickled through the hands of Deren Ibrahim. Dartford recovered quickly, with Bradbrook striking from 25 yards to level the scores, but 10 minutes later failure to clear a Sutton corner allowed an unmarked Deacon to fire home. In the 17th minute referee Samuel Allison awarded a debatable penalty for an Eastmond handball, and Bradbrook duly converted. But just six minutes later Deacon burst through a statuesque Dartford back four and squared to Biamou, who shot low in the bottom left-hand corner. Ofori-Acheampong equalised early in the second half, but goals from Stearn and Deacon put distance between the teams before Stearn's 20-yard effort capped the win three minutes into injury time.
Dartford: D Ibrahim, D Harris, T Wynter(sub K Wood 79), T Bonner, T Gardiner, A Brown, R Hayes, E Bradbrook, D Ofori-Acheampong(sub E Brown 83), A Pugh, L Wanadio(sub L Noble 83). Subs n/u R Vint, T Coxall, L Rosenfield, J Ufuah. Booked: Wanadio, Bonner, Brown, Ofori-Acheampong.
Attendance: 1,689
This gallery is empty.

Categories & Keywords
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:Dartford, F A Cup, First Round, Sutton, United, football, soccer